There are a lot of things high school juniors can do during the summer. Get a job, volunteer, hang out with friends, sleep... However, two juniors in Carroll Electric's service territory will be given the opportunity to experience Washington, D.C. LIVE!
June 14-20, 2019, students will fly commercial airlines from Little Rock, Ark., to Washington, D.C., and back to Little Rock. ALL EXPENSES ARE PAID! You will join approximately 45 students from other electric cooperatives in Arkansas. Once in D.C., you will experience:
- The U.S. Capitol
- Arlington National Cemetery
- The Jefferson, Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorials
- Mount Vernon (George Washington's home)
- The War Memorials
- A Potomac River cruise
- Meeting time with Arkansas Senators or Congressmen
- Youth Tour Youth Day (the largest pep rally you've ever attended!)
Applying is easy, to enter:
- complete the online application (see below)
- download the application and mail it in or
- see your high school guidance counselor
Entries must be submitted by March 25, 2019. Entries must include an essay (250-500 words) or video (1-2 minutes) on the following topic: What do you see as Electric Cooperatives' biggest challenge? Instructions for submitting a video essay are on the reverse side of the paper application and below in the online application.
Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be interviewed before April 19.
Many past Youth Tour attendees have gone on to be political science majors, Legislative interns, and friends for life with other students who attended. Make this summer memorable! Apply now for the trip of a lifetime!
For questions, please call 800-432-9720 and speak with Claudia Harp at extension 1304.