Under Arkansas law, families with an annual income of $12,000 or less are eligible to claim an exemption from sales tax on all charges for the first 500 kilowatt-hours of electricity used each month. To receive this exemption, please complete the exemption claim form and submit it to the Cooperative. If you are already receiving the sales tax exemption, you do not need to refile. Once the exemption has been claimed, you will continue to receive it until your annual household income exceeds $12,000 or your account is disconnected.

According to the law, it is your responsibility to notify the Cooperative when you no longer qualify for the exemption. Notification must be given to Carroll Electric if the previous year's annual household income exceeded $12,000. Exemption claim forms and help in completing them are available at all Cooperative offices. Please mail the completed form to:

Carroll Electric Cooperative Corp.
PO Box 4000
Berryville, AR 72616

If you have questions, please contact Customer Service at 800-432-9720.

To view PDF files on your computer, please click the link below to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Link to download Adobe Acrobat Reader