As a provider of an essential service, Carroll Electric is working to ensure our business activities remain in place for our members, our community, and our employees as the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts our state and service areas.
We know some of our business and residential customers might be worried about paying their bills. Here are measurable actions we have taken on behalf of our customers:
- Carroll Electric will NOT disconnect customers for non-payment during this time.
- Carroll Electric will continue to work with those who are facing unexpected hardships or unmanageable electric bills as a result of COVID-19. Our members are encouraged to call Customer Service at 1.800.432.9720 to discuss all of their available options.
- Carroll Electric will continue to direct customers needing help paying their electric bills to those organizations in our service area who provide payment assistance.
- Because our lobby areas remain closed for health and safety concerns, Carroll Electric will refund online and over-the-phone credit card fees beginning March 17 until our lobby areas are reopened.
For more information on the fee refund process, click here.
- Carroll Electric will continue to alert members to be aware of potential scam phone calls or emails threatening to shut off power if payment is not made during this time.
For more information on scams, click here.
For more information on our response plan as it relates to our office facilities and the general public, click here.
While our lobby areas are temporarily closed, we are also encouraging our members to consider enrolling in e-Services.
From the CEO:
Dear Members of Carroll Electric:
We continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and want to assure our members that there is no impact on the delivery of power to our customers. Our business continuity plans, and the people who execute them remain in place.
Please be aware that our lobby areas will remain closed at all office locations until further notice for public health and safety concerns. At this time, our drive-thru areas remain open, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Most customer transactions can be done by phone or online.
Carroll Electric is also taking steps to assist our members to get through these difficult times including placing service disconnections on hold until further notice. The Cooperative’s payment terms will remain flexible to those who are adversely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Customer Service can still be reached at 1.800.432.9720.
Members can always access our website at: www.carrollecc.com.
Please rest assured, Carroll Electric will be here to support its members.
April 10, 2020
In accordance with previous action taken by Carroll Electric Cooperative, the Arkansas Public Service Commission has issued Docket 20-012-A - Order No. 1 suspending disconnects until further notice for jurisdictional public utilities. To view the full order, click here.