COVID-19 Preventive Measures
The safety of our employees and our members remains our top priority. As a result, Carroll Electric Cooperative Corporation is taking preventive measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Beginning March 17, 2020, our lobby areas in Berryville, Bentonville, Jasper, and Huntsville will be closed to the public until further notice.
Members or customers who wish to pay in person can still pay at our drive-through areas, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You may also pay your bill or check your balance through the MyAccount website or mobile app.
PLEASE NOTE: Online and over-the-phone payment fees will be refunded while our lobby areas remain closed. If any of our customers feel they have been incorrectly charged either of these fees on or after March 17, 2020, we are encouraging them to call customer service at 1-800-432-9720 to coordinate a refund.
- Carroll Electric will suspend the use of its community meeting rooms until further notice.
- Energy audits have been temporarily suspended. No new appointments are being taken at this time.
- Employees who must enter homes and businesses will practice preventive measures, such as wearing masks, maintaining proper social distance, and sanitizing hands.
In the event of a large scale outage, longer restoration times could be expected as a result of precautions being taken from other utilities who provide assistance in these situations.
Everyone can help prevent the spread of illness by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations. They include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then dispose of it.
- Stay home if you are sick and limit contact with others in your household.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs and phones, each day.