Community ServiceWe Live here, too
Carroll Electric Cooperative is more than just a power provider. The employees, management, and board members are committed to helping the communities we serve in other ways as well. We are actively involved in projects that help improve the quality of life for our members. Service as civic leaders, as school board members, as auxiliary law enforcement, in our local churches, as coaches and referees for youth sports, and as volunteers for parent-teacher organizations and other school activities are just a few ways our people care for this community. We are committed to our communities because we live here, too.
Carroll Electric sponsors an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C. each year.
Carroll Electric and the state’s other electric cooperatives send approximately 44 high school juniors to the nation’s capital where they tour the historic sites and visit with the Arkansas congressional delegation. The program is designed to strengthen the leadership skills of Arkansas’ youth.
Last year, to assist students in their pursuit of higher education, Carroll Electric awarded a $500 scholarship to 27 high school seniors.
Supporting Arkansas’ youth is a top priority of Carroll Electric.
Carroll Electric Cooperative has a proven record of working with our communities to help improve the quality of life for our members. One way we do this is by partnering with our wholesale power supplier, Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation, the Arkansas Economic Development Commission, and other organizations to encourage new industrial growth and further development of existing business and industries. We're proud of our success through the years and look forward to helping our various communities in the future.
Supporting our Youth and Community Projects
Carroll Electric and their employees support our young people and our schools through safety programs, scholarships, volunteering their time, and other community projects each year.
- is dedicated to students and their safety.
- is an active participant in the state-wide Morgan Nick Alert Program, keeping a watchful eye on the children of our communities, and assisting in search and rescue missions when necessary.
- conducts free electrical safety demonstrations in local schools.
- sends two high school juniors on an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., each June.
- awards $500 scholarships to a graduating high school senior in each school within our geographic service area.
- provides and installs electric ranges to area schools.
- supports booster clubs and Renaissance programs.
- offers speakers, free of charge, to schools, civic organizations, and clubs.
Carroll Electric employees…
- coach baseball, softball, football, basketball, and soccer teams.
- serve on school boards, in city governments, and in their churches.
- donate countless hours as civic leaders and community volunteers.
- participate in community fundraisers and benefits, raising money for local projects and families.
- are volunteer firefighters and first-responders.
- judge science fairs and support other local youth competitions.